So we’re three episodes in and this season of The 100 is already shaping up to be just as epic as the season 4 cliffhanger led us to expect.
Here are ten observations/thoughts I’ve had about the episodes so far (beware spoilers):
1. Just when I thought Octavia couldn’t be any more of a badass…
2. Murphy looks surprisingly good with a beard.
3. Bellamy needs to lose the beard—he looks like a serial killer.
4. Murphy’s face when he learns there’s no escape pod 😂
5. I wonder how long Bellamy and Echo will last now he knows Clarke is alive.
6. Monty needs to grow some balls
7. Jaha actually did something decent!
8. How does Clarke have a map? Surely the paper would have disintegrated in Praimfaya.
9. I never thought I’d find myself shipping Murphy and Raven, and yet…
10. Did Clarke seriously think her little rifle would be a match for the—what—fifty or so prisoners and all the weapons and tech they brought with them? Use your head, Clarke!
So, in case you can’t tell I’m pretty excited about the return of my favourite show and can’t wait to find out how the rest of the season pans out. Unfortunately, I don’t see this being the season where we FINALLY see Bellarke happening—I’m actually beginning to think this may never come to pass, much to many book fans’ dismay. Even so, if the first three episodes are anything to go by, season 5 is shaping up to be another awesome adventure in this post-apocalyptic world!
Thanks for reading – feel free to leave a comment below!
For updates on my work and exclusive content make sure to sign up for my monthly newsletter!